4 Reasons to Purchase the Cat-Back Exhaust Systems 16478 for your 2010-14 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
The extent of performance upgrade you seek should decide the brand of the cat-back exhaust you buy. Different performance levels require different types of customization. For example, purchasing an excellent cat-back exhaust system like the 16478 unit would correspond to an increase in horsepower of your 2010-14 Hyundai Genesis Coupe. Furthermore, the MagnaFlow group's $1287.37 16478 exhaust system is a performance booster if installed correctly. However, questions may arise as to why you have to buy this particular cat-back exhaust system. This article covers such and will answer some of these questions following the guide below.
- What are the cat-back exhaust systems?
- What are the four reasons to purchase?
- Why should you buy the 16478 by MagnaFlow?
- What to consider when purchasing?
What are the cat-back exhausts?
The cat-back exhaust systems are replacement parts modified to increase the airflow from the catalytic converter to the exhaust exits. They are usually aftermarket units produced to circumvent the performance constraints by manufacturers when choosing between performance and cost.
An example is the MagnaFlow 16478 which hastens the airflow into the turbocharged multipoint injection engine of your 2010-14 Hyundai Genesis Coupe. This faster airflow is courtesy of the polished 3 diameter pipes that link the muffler and the catalytic part.
Furthermore, cat-back exhausts also help in tuning the sound of your Coupé (two-door) performance engine. They also reduce the 23 mpg-US (10.2 L/100Km) fuel usage rate of your L4 Hyundai Genesis Coupe.
What are the four reasons to buy?
1. Higher Horsepower: The larger 3 muffler diameter of the round stainless steel MagnaFlow 16478 is part of why some drivers choose the 7.5 OEM exhaust systems over the stock ones. Together with the 4 exhaust tip diameter, they are expected to trigger higher airflow into the 4Cyl 2.0L gasoline engines. The faster this air enters, the more the power of your 5-speed automatic (SHIFTRONIC) transmission. The resulting free-flowing air channel will then increase the 2.0L Turbo 5AT (210 HP) horsepower.
2. Upgraded Fuel Economy: Another advantage of the cat-back exhausts for your 2010-14 Hyundai is better fuel economy than the present 23 mpg-US (10.2 L/100Km). The inlet air contains oxygen that builds up and strengthens the sensitivity of the gas pedals. Therefore, there is a reduction in fuel consumed since more oxygen now flows through the round best-quality pipes into the L4 turbocharged multipoint injection transmission. Subsequently, the 4Cyl 2.0L cylinders work less and take a shorter time to reach 137 mph (220 km/h) maximum speed.
3. Robust Engine Sound: The flexibility of customizing the sound of your 2010-14 Hyundai Genesis Coupe engine is also a reason to get cat-back systems. Like MagnaFlow, different vendors have their unique set-up of straight-through mufflers, silencers, and Quad Split Rear exit styles. However, it is possible to get varying sound exhaust system performance from the same vendor.
4. Ease of Installation: Most exhaust system vendors make use of simple clamp installers on their welded, double-wall, angle cut, folded edge products. The MagnaFlow exhausts' installation is via the bolt-on connectors that replace the OEM exhausts without any problems. The functioning cat-back exhaust systems include the round stainless steel tip with 4 units diameter and length 7.5. The muffler type is polished straight-through with fixed dimensions.
Why should you buy the 16478 by MagnaFlow?
- The 16478 car exhaust systems are compatible with your 2010-14 Hyundai Genesis Coupe and guarantee a durable performance upgrade.
- The release systems boost the 2.0L Turbo 5AT (210 HP) horsepower ratings of the 4Cyl 2.0L Hyundai engine.
- They have an adequate sound absorption mechanism managing the vibrations from the L4 engines using the straight-through muffler.
- The vendor, MagnaFlow, is known for top-performance car exhaust systems since its inception in 1981. Besides, their stainless steel material does not rust easily.
- The company also has an official brand page (https://www.magnaflow.com/) with customer-help options if you encounter any issues. You can also reach out to them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to consider when purchasing?
Before you even think about quality, the vehicle compatibility of the available cat-back exhaust systems with your Hyundai coupé (two-door) is the most crucial consideration. There are several aftermarket alternatives in the market, so selecting the exhaust systems that work well with your 2010-14 Hyundai Genesis Coupe is the first step.
The next step involves examining the type of exhaust system design. Like the quad split rear exit pipes in the MagnaFlow 16478, your favorite exhaust design must be based on your routine vehicle usage. The materials used in the design also matter and depend on whether you will be doing street driving or not. Round stainless steel is used to build the 16478 exhaust by MagnaFlow.
Specifications and Features
Exit Style: Quad split rear
Inlet Connection Type: Bolt-on
Main Piping Diameter: 3
Muffler Finish: Polished
Muffler Material: Stainless steel
Muffler Type: Straight-through
Tip Diameter: 4
Tip Finish: Polished
Tip Length: 7.5
Tip Material: Stainless steel
Tip Shape: Round
Tip Type: Welded;double wall;angle cut;folded edge
Style: STREET SERIES
Relevant part numbers
Alternate Part Number(s):
2010 to 2014 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 4Cyl 2.0L
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.