Top 3 reasons to upgrade to the 1998 Hyundai Elantra Disc Brake Pad Set HB262Z.540 by Hawk Performance
The 1998 Hyundai Elantra handles itself quite well on the road, but it can be even more responsive when equipped with a solid brake pad upgrade like the Hawk Performance disc brake pad set HB262Z.540. With this premium brake set, this car will brake faster and more confidently. As a result, it will be more fun to drive. Founded in 1990, Hawk Performance has a strong reputation for developing highly effective yet affordable brake system upgrades, so you cannot go wrong with this set. The cost is just $71.19. Here are the things we will discuss in this article:
1. What is a disc brake pad set?
2. What are three reasons to upgrade?
3. Why buy the disc brake pad set HB262Z.540 by Hawk Performance?
What is a disc brake pad set?
A disc brake pad set is a box of brake pads (usually a set of four) that you purchase when you want to upgrade from your car’s factory brakes. It features two brake pads for either side of your vehicle, so they are specific to either the front or rear wheels. They also include items that help enhance the brake pads' functionality; these items can consist of brake shims or anti-rattle clips.
What are 3 reasons to upgrade?
The quality of the brake parts substantially influences your car’s drivability and control. When heavily worked, your OE brake pads may, at times, fail to clamp down as firmly as they ought to due to high heat levels, and this may result in the vibrating of your steering wheel. The Hawk Performance disc brake pad set HB262Z.540 benefits from superior friction materials that deliver a firmer initial bite and that have higher heat tolerance. Therefore, you will experience firmer and more controlled braking when your car is fitted with this brake pad set.
Shorter Stopping Distances:
Shorter stopping distances mean everything when racing against other drivers or trying to go around corners faster. According to Car & Driver, the 1998 Hyundai Elantra requires a minimum of 178 feet to pull to a stop from 70 mph. When this car is fitted with this brake set, the stopping distance may reduce by 15 to 20 percent. Therefore, it will enable you to get back on the gas pedal quicker after every braking motion, and consequently, move quicker than before.
Longer Wear Life:
Incorporated into its friction materials are elements like copper that help to dissipate heat. So, they tend to function at cooler temperatures, which causes them to last longer. In addition, these brake pad upgrades resist fading much better than your factory brake pads.
Why buy the Disc Brake Pad Set HB262Z.540 by Hawk Performance?
- You can install these brake pads for racing and track days because they can withstand intense repeated abuse without heating up excessively. Their exclusive friction materials have higher friction and heat tolerance.
- The materials allow them to deliver ultra-low levels of brake dust, so your wheels will stay cleaner for longer.
- This set has also received the ECE R 90 certification, which means that The United Nations Economic Commission for Europe has approved safe use in road-going vehicles.
- Hawk Performance is renowned for its dedication to quality and precision in its products, and it has demonstrated the same in the disc brake pad set HB262Z.540.
- Founded in the US, Hawk Performance is world-renowned for its high-quality brakes. It was established in 1990. So, it has many years of experience in developing brake pads, brake rotors, and many other brake system products. Hawk Performance is headquartered in Great Lakes, Midwestern US.
Specifications and Features
1998 to 2000 Hyundai Elantra
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.