4 Reasons to Upgrade to 2012 Hyundai Elantra Disc Brake Pad and Rotor Kit S10KF1385
Given its substantial size, the 2784 lbs (1263 kg) 2012 Hyundai Elantra 4Cyl 1.8L requires strong brakes. Yes, its factory brake pads and rotors suffice for daily driving. But, the EBC Brakes disc brake pad and rotor kit S10KF1385 can deliver stronger stopping power. EBC Brakes is a leader in brake pads and rotors, and its products are affordable. This kit, for instance, is going for just $326.23. Are you interested? Read on. In this article, we will cover the following:
1. What are disc brake pad and rotor kits?
2. What are four reasons to upgrade?
3. Why should you buy the EBC Brakes disc brake pad and rotor kit S10KF1385?
What are Disc Brake Pad and Rotor Kits?
A disc brake pad and rotor kit is an easy brake upgrade for your vehicle. These kits mainly include brake pads and rotors. With them, you will improve your car’s braking performance. These kits come in different grades to meet different braking needs. Brake pads are the steel-backed plates held (by your car’s brake calipers) facing the brake rotors. These plates are layered with bonded friction material. Brake rotors are the circular metallic discs upon which the brake pads are pressed when you press down your car’s brake pedal. For the best value, buy your brake pad and rotor upgrades as a kit. This EBC Brakes brake kit, for example, puts together brake pads and rotors that are designed to work together.
What are Four Reasons to Upgrade?
Superior Stopping Power
The brake pads of the EBC Brakes S10KF1385 kit feature more resilient friction materials. Its more robust rotors also come with a Brake-In™ surface coating for quicker bed-in. Therefore, you can count on this kit to do a better job of stopping your car. This brake kit also has much higher heat tolerance than your stock brakes, and so its stopping power is sure to be more consistent during spirited driving.
When you brake, up to 75 percent of the car’s weight is conveyed to the front. The 2012 Hyundai Elantra curb weight stands at a substantial 2784 lbs (1263 kg), so you would do well to upgrade your front brakes with this kit. If you reside in areas that get a lot of snow and rainfall, you have all the more reason to get this brake pad/rotor upgrade. This kit’s pads will bite into its rotors with greater firmness, and because of that, you’ll be more assured of your car’s ability to brake at high speeds.
More Consistent Performance
One thing that plagues most brake systems is heat. When the heat generated by braking friction reaches high levels, it can affect how your brakes operate. Therefore, your car's brakes may not work as well in high-speed driving as they would in laid-back driving. Brake systems can even fail when heat builds up significantly. With this brake kit, you are unlikely to have such problems because it has a higher heat tolerance. Its high-grade materials can cope with extreme temperatures.
Want to make your car stand out even more? Equip it with this brake kit. This kit’s larger rotors will give it more performance appeal. A brake caliper upgrade would be the cherry on the top because beefier, color-coded calipers look fantastic with extra-large rotors.
Why should you buy the EBC Brakes disc brake pad and rotor kit S10KF1385?
- You can be guaranteed of the fact that the components of the EBC Brakes disc brake pad and rotor kit S10KF1385 will fit your 2012 Hyundai Elantra 4Cyl 1.8L perfectly. This is because EBC Brakes has specifically designed this kit for this car.
- EBC Brakes is one of the biggest names in the global aftermarket brake parts and accessories industry. It offers the most extensive range of brake pads and rotors globally, and it has a headquarter in the UK. Therefore, you cannot go wrong with EBC Brakes brake kits.
- This kit’s brake pads have a special coating that speeds up the bedding-in process for the pads and rotors.
- This brake kit is R90 approved, which means that it has fulfilled the ECE Regulation 90 requirements for the construction, design, and performance of braking components.
- EBC Brakes produces this brake kit at its UK production facilities using industry-approved production processes.
Specifications and Features
Kit- y or n: Y
Product group: S10KF Kit Number
Kit component numbers: DP21899,GD7627
Front or rear: Front
2012 Hyundai Elantra 4Cyl 1.8L
2012 to 2018 Hyundai Accent 4Cyl 1.6L
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.