Top 3 reasons to upgrade to the 2016-17 Hyundai Veloster Disc Brake Pad Set DP22232 by EBC Brakes
If you have enhanced the engine output of your 2016-17 Hyundai Veloster 4Cyl 1.6L __by more than 10 percent, then you need to upgrade your brake pads because your factory pads may not be able to cope with the increased performance. The __EBC Brakes front disc brake pad set DP22232 is an outstanding brake pad upgrade option because it is part of EBC Brakes' Greenstuff Street sport range of street performance brake pad sets. It is also specially designed for this car. In terms of pricing, this set goes for $94.65, which is quite reasonable. We’ll find out more about it in this article as we discuss the following:
1. What is a disc brake pad set?
2. What are three reasons to upgrade?
3. Why buy the disc brake pad set DP22232 by EBC Brakes?
What is a disc brake pad set?
A disc brake pad set is a batch of brake pad upgrades fashioned from higher-grade materials. They are often axle-specific (i.e., designed either for the front or rear axle). Also, disc brake pad sets like the DP22232 match the brake calipers and rotors of the 2016-17 Hyundai Veloster. So, you know that it will fit.
What are 3 reasons to upgrade?
Heat is known as the number one enemy of brake systems. In extreme cases, overheating can cause brake fade or even total brake failure. With the EBC Brakes front disc brake pad set DP22232, you won’t cope with heat buildup issues at the wheels as much as you may with your OE brakes. The reason is that these brake pads feature thicker layers of heat- and friction-resistant, premium-grade friction materials. As a result, these brake pads operate a lot cooler. Therefore, they deliver a firmer bite and smoother, more controlled braking.
Shorter Stopping Distances:
Shorter stopping distances mean everything when racing against other drivers or trying to go around corners faster. According to Car & Driver, the 2016-17 Hyundai Veloster 4Cyl 1.6L requires a minimum of 178 feet to pull to a stop from 70 mph. With this brake set, your car’s braking distance is sure to reduce considerably, even by up to 20 percent. Therefore, it will enable you to get back on the gas pedal quicker after every braking motion, and consequently, move swifter than before.
Longer Wear Life:
The brake pads that you get with the EBC Brakes front disc brake pad set DP22232 feature thicker backing plates made from harder compounds, and so they are less likely to warp or fracture; they are also better at keeping dust and debris from coming between the brake pads and rotors. These brake pad upgrades also feature substantial layers of specially formulated, premium-grade friction material better at withstanding intense braking friction. Therefore, you will likely stay longer without getting brake pad replacements when you install this brake pad set.
Why buy the Disc Brake Pad Set DP22232 by EBC Brakes?
- This brake set is part of EBC Brakes' Greenstuff Street sport range of street performance brake pad sets. Therefore, they will endure repeated spells of hard braking without succumbing to brake fade. Their exclusive friction materials have higher friction and heat tolerance.
- They have specifically formulated friction materials that shed less brake dust as they wear down.
- This brake pad set is ECE R 90-approved; basically, it means that it has been approved for replacement in road-going vehicles of different types in most European countries.
- EBC Brakes is renowned for its dedication to quality and precision in its products, and it has demonstrated the same in the front disc brake pad set DP22232.
- Founded in the UK, EBC Brakes is world-renowned for its high-quality brakes. It was established in 1980. So, it has many years of experience in developing brake pads, brake rotors, and many other brake system products. EBC Brakes is headquartered in Freeman Automotive (UK) Ltd, EBC Brakes World Headquarters, Upton Valley Way East, Pineham, Northampton, NN4 9EF.
Specifications and Features
Front or Rear: FRONT
Kit- Y or N: N
Product Group: Greenstuff street sport
Style: FMSI D1828
Relevant part numbers
2019 Hyundai Veloster 4Cyl 2.0L
2016 to 2017 Hyundai Veloster 4Cyl 1.6L
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.