HKS celebrates the 20th Anniversary of the original Electronic Valve Controller (EVC) with an all-new EVC boost controller model 45003-AK005. The original EVC released in 1987 was the first commercially available electronic boost controller, and revolutionized the aftermarket industry. HKSâ€šÃ„Ã´ 20 years and five EVC generations of boost control knowledge has been harnessed into this all-new EVC.
The new HKS EVC has improved boost stability for maintaining pressure at high RPMs providing increased top-end power, and a new mapping feature allows boost pressure to be precisely tuned for throttle + RPM (or vehicle speed). The new EVC also offers a selectable kPa or PSI unit of measure, and a unique warning feature where if over boosting occurs, boost pressure can be programmed to drop to a user preset level. The new target boost setting and volume knob with three button user interface makes setup and tuning intuitive and simple. The design of the new EVC features a sleek black case with a clear acrylic faceplate and a positive lit LCD display offering a sophisticated look.
High Boost Capability
- User inputs target boost level, and the EVC automatically adjusts pressure to reach desired level.
Map Correction Mode
- If boost exceeds or does not achieve userâ€šÃ„Ã´s target, boost pressure can be offset to reach desired level.
Dual Boost Mode Settings
- Boost pressure can be fine tuned for: Throttle Position, RPM, Vehicle Speed, Throttle Position + RPM, or Throttle Position + Vehicle Speed.
Scramble Boost Function
- Separate A and B boost levels can be input independently from each other, and selected depending on driving conditions.
Metric or SAE selectable monitoring
- When the scramble boost trigger is depressed a preset boost increase will occur for a predetermined time (0-60seconds).
- External Scramble Boost Trigger compatible.
Warning Function with Boost Drop Feature
- Users can choose during initial setup metric (kPa) or SAE (PSI) boost pressure measurement for monitoring.
Analog and Digital Boost Monitoring
- A user preset warning level can be set where visual and audible alerts occur if the warning level is reached. Boost pressure can be preset to drop too a user defined level if pressure reaches warning level.
- Boost pressure can be displayed in both an analog bar graph format and a digital numerical value.
Additional Digital Monitoring
Selectable Analog Monitoring
- Along with Boost Pressure two additional vehicle vitals can be monitored: Throttle Position, Engine RPM or Vehicle Speed.
After Image Function
- The digital bar graph can be set to monitor: Boost Pressure, Throttle Position, Engine RPM or Vehicle Speed.
- Users can set the EVC to display the highest boost pressure reached for 3-seconds after the throttle has been released.
- The EVC will store to memory and keep displayed the maximum boost achieved.
Positive LCD display with LED Lighting
- To prevent accidental data changes from occurring, the EVC can be locked with a user defined four digit code.
- Black foreground with white background and LED lighting provides excellent visibility during both daytime and nighttime use.
Rear Mounted Wiring harness
- Brightness of display can be adjusted for user comfort.
- For a clean and simple installation the wiring harness connects to the back of the EVC unit.