3 Reasons to Upgrade to the 2005 Hyundai Sonata Main Bearing Set MB5315AM0.25 by King Engine Bearings
The engine of your performance-upgraded 2005 Hyundai Sonata requires high-grade, race-spec main bearings like those of the King Engine Bearings main bearing set MB5315AM0.25. This main bearing set is particularly prepared for this car, so its bearings are guaranteed to fit perfectly in your car's engine. Also, this set is tooled to offer a good oil clearance, which results in a more substantial oil film between the bearings and the crankshaft for improved lubrication and friction tolerance. Also, compared with most other competing products on the market, the set is reasonably priced at just $34.13. You will find out more about what this bearing set offers below.
1. What is the main bearing set?
2. What are three reasons to upgrade?
3. Why buy the King Engine Bearings main bearing set MB5315AM0.25?
What is the main bearing set?
Main bearings are positioned within the saddles of a piston engine block, and they hold the ends of your car's crankshaft, making it easier for the crankshaft to rotate within an engine block. The King Engine Bearings main bearing set MB5315AM0.25 comprises journal bearings.
What are three reasons to upgrade?
Your stock main bearings may not be able to cope with your car's boosted engine output. In your cranked up engine, the firing pressure that pushes the connecting rods down on the crankshaft is higher, and so your crankshaft is sure to rotate much faster. The higher rotation speed of the crankshaft will weaken the lubricating effect of the thin oil film between the main bearings and the crankshaft. The crankshaft may end up rubbing against your bearings more, causing intense friction that may tear apart your bearings. Worse still, it may even weld onto the crankshaft and cause considerable damage to your engine. These King Engine Bearings' main bearings are fashioned with extended oil grooves and tapered groove run-outs that ensure a more substantial flow of oil, and they have also been made with a good oil clearance for a stouter oil film. Therefore, you can count on them to sustain optimum lubrication even with increased heat and friction levels that come with the increased horsepower.
Superior Seizure Prevention
The stock bi-metal aluminum bearings of your 2005 Hyundai Sonata are excellent. But, they cannot match the King Engine Bearings main bearing set MB5315AM0.25 in terms of seizure resistance. These bi-metal aluminum bearings operate favorably within certain horsepower levels. They are likely to flake or peel under higher engine loads. In extreme cases, their aluminum alloys may soften and melt, and as a result, the crankshaft may seize them. These King Engine Bearings main bearings have an extra lead-tin-copper overlay that delivers improved wear and seizure resistance under high engine loads. Therefore, you will do well to get these King Engine Bearings race series bearings for your car, especially if you plan to boost its performance markedly.
Guaranteed to Last Longer
The King Engine Bearings main bearing set MB5315AM0.25 is also sure to last longer. These performance engine bearings have tougher high-strength steel backings that will handle the pressures of high engine loads for longer. They also achieve increased crush heights that help to boost heat dissipation, ensuring more dependable operation for longer.
Why buy the King Engine Bearings main bearing set MB5315AM0.25?
- King Engine Bearings was founded in 1960 in Israel. It is among the oldest engine bearing manufacturers in the world. It has a great deal of experience producing engine components for Asian, American, and European performance engines, serving both the OE replacement market and the aftermarket. King Engine Bearings is headquartered at 26 Okner Parkway, Livingston NJ 07039, USA.
- The main bearing set MB5315AM0.25 is part of the King Engine Bearings range of performance engine bearings. It will perform better than basic engine bearings in boosted performance or higher horsepower applications.
- This main bearing set is produced at 26 Okner Parkway, Livingston NJ 07039, USA. So, it profits from highly regulated manufacturing processes that guarantee high-quality products.
Specifications and Features
2005 Hyundai Sonata
2001 to 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.