3 Reasons to Install the M472 Oil Pump on Your 2002-05 Hyundai Sonata
One of the conditions for enjoying the best result from your 2002-05 Hyundai Sonata is the steady flow of oil between its moving components. Or better put, the presence of a functional oil pump because it manages the rate at which your vehicle's Electronic Injection engine receives oil.
Although they can be expensive, like the $143.33 M472 pumps produced by the Melling, they remain compulsory parts to have. They play a crucial role in the effective functioning of your gasoline engines, which is what this article elaborates on. Read on to understand better.
- What is an oil pump?
- What are the 3 reasons to purchase?
- Why should you buy the M472 by Melling?
- What to consider before purchasing?
What is an oil pump?
Sometimes regarded as the core of the internal combustion engine, the oil pump is a hydraulic part that does the fundamental function of oil circulation to the engine's bearings, camshaft, and pistons. Due to its valued usage, any problem with the oil pump would lead to a serious engine breakdown.
Hence, the compatibility of a replacement oil pump with your automobile is crucial for optimal engine performance. An example is the M472 rotary pump constructed for the 2002-05 Hyundai Sonata by the Melling manufacturing group.
When you install the right oil pumps, the engine produces expected results. It's also essential to identify when a replacement is compulsory. Problems like low oil pressure in the Electronic Injection engine, higher operating temperature, and unwanted noise when the engine is idle signal that a replacement oil pump is required.
What are the 3 reasons to purchase?
1. Prevent Noise in Moving Engine Parts: Swapping your ineffective oil pumps with the M472 rotary ones would help move enough oil to the 2.7L 5AT (178 HP) engine parts. Like the M472, good replacement pumps give out enough oil to reduce the frictional force between the 2.7L 5AT (178 HP) engine parts. The housing structure is aluminum and does not easily corrode even after prolonged use.
For the 2002-05 Hyundai, the unavailability of such an oil pump would result in noisy operations. Also, the moving 5-speed automatic engine components begin to wear off and negatively affect your front-wheel-drive performance.
2. Efficient Cooling Systems: With 7 7.78 diameter installation spots, the Melling M472 oil pumps regulate the flow of hot oil back to the coolant ones in the V6 2.7L engine. They are rotary-driven and produce the pressure to disseminate required amounts of oil through the gasoline-powered Hyundai Sonata engine.
Nevertheless, the regular rotary pumps are not cooling systems themselves. They only contribute to cooling the engine by controlling the oil flow through the heat exchanger to the 2656 cm3 engines. Their aluminum frame also helps maintain expected temperature ranges. Besides, donâ€™t forget to verify if the gasket or seal included option for the M472 is Yes or No.
3. Better Engine Performance: Installation of the regular M472 oil pumps helps the output of your 2002-05 Hyundai Sonata engine. The continuous cycle of fresh oil sustains the 22.8 mpg-US (10.3 L/100Km) mileage. It also helps the 5-speed automatic engine to hit the 125.5 mph (202 km/h) top speed by doing lesser work. That also translates to effective 2.7L 5AT (178 HP) horsepower ratings.
Why should you buy the M472 by Melling?
- The M472 rotary pump is made of aluminum housing that is durable and strongly withstands the varying oil temperatures that pass through the Hyundai engine.
- It has been specifically constructed to pass the oil at necessary pressure levels for the 2656 cm3 Electronic Injection Hyundai engine.
- Melling is a brand that you can believe, especially if you're buying their oil pump for the first time. Their products are quality with excellent customer service.
What to consider before purchasing?
Buying a new oil pump without verifying its compatibility with your 2.7L 5AT (178 HP) Hyundai can lead to other engine problems. Hence, focusing on the highlighted considerations helps make the perfect replacement oil pump choices.
Engine Type: Like the M472 rotary oil pumps, replacement pumps come with different specifications. The M472 rotary ones by Melling is an example of such pumps that do not work on all Front Wheel Drive Hyundai.
Volume Capacity: The more volume your regular aluminum pump can accept, the higher the distribution rate of the oil around the electronic injection V6 engine. However, the volume should be in sync with the size of your 2656 cm3 auto evolution Hyundai engine.
Pressure Rating: The amount of pressure the oil pump can generate is another factor that measures its compatibility with your 2002-05 Hyundai Sonata engine. Low pressure would mean inadequate oil flow from the 146.05mm regular pumps that are dangerous for the 5-speed automatic engines.
Specifications and Features
Gasket Or Seal Included:Yes
Mounting Hole Quantity:7
Oil Pump Type:Rotary
Pick Up Screen Diameter:17.85
Mounting Hole Diameter:7.78
2002 to 2005 Hyundai Sonata V6 2.7L
1999 to 2001 Hyundai Sonata V6 2.5L
2001 to 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe V6 2.7L
2005 to 2009 Hyundai Tucson V6 2.7L
2003 to 2008 Hyundai Tiburon V6 2.7L
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.